Air Traffic Management
Air traffic control management is a key body of the company ensuring safety and flight regularity within the airspace of the Republic of Tajikistan.
Main objectives of ATS depending on type of service:
- to prevent collisions between aircraft;
- to prevent aircraft from colliding with each other within the maneuvering area or any obstacles present within this area;
- to streamline and maintain the orderly flow of air traffic ;
- Providing advice and information necessary for safe and efficient flight performance;
- Notifying appropriate organizations about aircraft, needing search and rescue services assistance and provide this organizations with any necessary assistance
Area control of Joint ATM System “Dushanbe” provides ATS in the airspace and domestic air routes within the lower and upper airspace of the Republic of Tajikistan. In 2010 in order to increase the efficiency of service provision a Subsidiary Area Center “Khudzhand” was organized.
Approach control unit provides air traffic services in Terminal Control Area Dushanbe, which is challenging sector.
Precision Approach Radar unit provides ATS within Control zone, aerodrome traffic circuit, and before final leg.
Tower control provides ATS in assigned airspace and manages aircraft movement within the territory of the aerodrome by means of radio communication equipment, visual observation, crew report and coordination with adjacent units of ATS.Flight dispatch of domestic flight provides crew with timely information about weather conditions at the aerodrome and the condition of the airfield. Flight dispatch of domestic flight provides aircraft flight information in coordination with the controller of ACC ATC using communication equipment.